Learn to cook Malaysia’s most famous noodle dish at home – CHAR KWAY TEOW Penang Style! We’ll also make a quick chilli sambal to spice it up
Duration: 1 hour
Options: Gluten Free, Vegan option
Char Kway Teow are fresh flat rice noodles fried with prawns, Chinese sausage, fish cake and dark soy. You normally need a supercharged stove to get the “wok hei” (smokey fragrance), but there are tips and tricks to cook a great version at home. This meal can be made vegan.
Key ingredients include:
- fresh wide rice noodles (dried flat rice noodles as alternative)
- prawns, Chinese sausage, fish cake, egg (you can add other proteins as you like)
- bean sprouts and Chinese garlic chives (or spring onion)
- garlic, thick dark soy sauce, lemon or lime
- fresh and dried chillies, onion, shrimp paste (for chilli sambal)
You will need a wok or large frying pan to cook the noodles.
A detailed ingredients list will be sent when a booking is made. Alternatives will be provided for harder to find ingredients. If you’re keen on cooking more Chinese and Asian dishes, check out my blog post about the condiments and staple items you should have in your pantry.